A House Rule is a single or set of particular rules that are unique to a certain playgroup. Usually these house rules only modify a small part of the game, such as Essence Respiration or Character Generation. In some cases however these house rules encompass entirely new rulesystems, Exalt Types and/or Settings.
Below is a List of House Rules that are present on this wiki. The House Rules are sorted by topic.
- 1 Dynamic Sorting
- 2 Hand-Sorting
- 2.1 Universal House Rules
- 2.1.1 Traits
- 2.1.2 Charms and Combos
- 2.1.3 Combat
- 2.1.4 Mass Combat
- 2.1.5 Social Combat
- 2.1.6 Items and Item Creation
- 2.1.7 Limit
- 2.1.8 Mandate of Heaven
- 2.1.9 Economics
- 2.1.10 Training
- 2.1.11 Exalted Modern
- 2.1.12 Merits
- 2.1.13 Sorcery and Necromancy
- 2.1.14 Modes of Play
- 2.1.15 Stunts
- 2.1.16 Creatures
- 2.2 Solar Specific House Rules
- 2.3 Infernals Specific House Rules
- 2.4 Lunar Specific House Rules
- 2.5 Campaign Specific House Rules
- 2.1 Universal House Rules
Modes of Play
Sorcery, Necromancy & Protocol
Universal House Rules
- User:FrivYeti/Profession (1st Edition), replacing the corner-case ability of Sail with Profession, a service equivalent to Craft.
- Reduced NPC Stats (2nd Edition), to simplify the amount of preparation a Storyteller has to do, NPCs use a reduced set of Traits
- Epsilon's NPC System (Either Edition), another system for quickly creating an NPC.
- Voidstate's NPC System (Second Edition), yet another system for creating an NPCs more quickly.
- Unlimited Once-Only Specialties (Second Edition), an alteration to the normal specialty-purchasing rules.
- Building Backgrounds (Second Edition), a suggested method for building backgrounds with dice rolls.
- XP Debt (Second Edition), Revamping XP Debt
- Cheaper Caste Capabilities (Second Edition), Retooling Caste Capabilities
- Astrological Signs (Second Edition), a unique way to individualize characters in a world where Fate is real.
Charms and Combos
- Combo Development Rules (Second Edition), a suggested method for purchasing Combos.
- Words-As-Workshop Method (Quorlox) (Second Edition), a suggested interpetation of this Charm
- See here for the detailed article on: Combat
- Useful Overwhelming (2nd Edition), an attempt at making Overwhelming be useful, even with higher essence values
- Maximum Damage Successes (Both), reducing the focus on dexterity and making strength more important for combat
- Infinite Rate Fix (Second), fix for infinite rate issue.
- Order_of_Attack_Operations_page_145 (second), a direct read from the table on page 145, spelled out.
- Abstract Movement, a system for making movement less bean-counting and more freeform.
- Mounts In Combat, rules for allowing those mounted on steeds to move faster than those on foot.
- Breaking Join Battle (Second Edition), rules for allowing those with exceptional Join Battle rolls to see an additional benefit.
- Speed Below Three (Second Edition), a simple rule to address actions with Speed less than three.
- Dramatic Charm Epiphany (Either Edition), a rule for learning charms instantly in a sticky situation.
- Soul Burning (Either Edition), a rule for regaining motes at a desperate moment.
- Martial Arts Attacks and Charms (2nd Edition), a standardization on how certain Martial Arts charms interact with the three classes of Martial Arts attacks.
- Martial Arts Charms and Form Weapons (Second Edition), a different way of looking at the interplay between Martial Arts Style Charms and form weapons.
- Artillery Tag (Second Edition), using Perception instead of Dex for Artillery.
- Knockback and Combo-weapons, additional rules and combat actions for a more Dynasty Warriors feel.
- RRimmel's_Mass_Combat (2nd Edition), how I run mass combat
- Mass Combat Unit Breakdown (Either Edition), because a Mass Combat Unit is more than just the number of soldiers.
- See here for the detailed article on: Social Combat
- Tickless Social Combat for a method of removing ticks from social conflict. Still under playtest.
- Temperance Resists Appearance - A simple tweak, allowing Temperance to have an impact on Social Combat.
- Streamlined Social Combat - A small list of changes to maintain natural conversation flow and the spirit of the Social Combat System.
Items and Item Creation
- The Armorium (2nd Edition), a balanced and extended weapons list for regular and artifact armaments
- User:Plague of Hats/Artifact Creation
- Mundane Crafting (2nd Edition), a revised system for mundane crafting
- Venoms - Coral Snake and Arrow Frog (2nd Edition), making these poisons more realistic
- Refining Poisons (2nd Edition), a system for building better poisons inspired by the trap creation rules in Scroll of Kings
- Protoshinmaic Vortex (2nd Edition), mutants are better than motes
Mandate of Heaven
- See here for the detailed article on: Mandate of Heaven
- Short-Term Investments (2nd Edition), How much money can my character make?
- User:Ghosthead/Mortal_Training (2nd Edition), for rules for training others without Charms.
Exalted Modern - an attempt to examine and expand the rules of Exalted for a modern-day setting.
Sorcery and Necromancy
- Charm Requirements (Second Edition), making sorcery and necromancy a little harder to learn.
- Imbue Amalgam (Second Edition), addressing difficulties with Imbue Amalgam.
- Summoning of the Harvest (Second Edition), addressing difficulties with Summoning of the Harvest.
- Hound of the Five Winds (Second Edition), addressing difficulties with Hound of the Five Winds.
- Outside Worlds Within (Second Edition), clarifying what Outside Worlds Within can duplicate.
Modes of Play
- Modified Beasts of Creation (Second Edition), Changing the Beasts of Creation from the core book to be more in line with the way creatures are statted in other books.
Solar Specific House Rules
- Solar Essence Pools (Either Edition), a modification keeping with the idea that Solars are the greatest of the Exalted.
- Solar Expanded Charm Options (Either Edition), an option to expand the idea of the Solar "Talented Generalist."
- Wyld Shaping Technique (Second Edition), a suggested limitation on Wyld Shaping Technique.
- Immanent Solar Glory of (Ability) (Second Edition, Quorlox), a suggested modification of Immanent Solar Glory.
- New and Expanded Solar Backgrounds (2nd Edition), new Backgrounds available to Solars and modifications to existing Backgrounds.
- Twilight Anima (Quorlox) (Second Edition), Revamping the Twilight Anima.
Infernals Specific House Rules
- Infernal Heroes Project, an alternative take on Infernals by fans before the official book was released.
Lunar Specific House Rules
- Alternate Lunar Character Generation (Second Edition), For those of you who don't like the BP/XP min/max game and want an alternative.