<< Back to Ability
Martial Arts is the ability resolving around unarmed Combat. It focuses on the philosophical and structured techniques of formal Martial Arts Styles. Supernatural Martial Artists can learn special Charm trees, that each represent an individual Style of combat. These Supernatural Martial Arts Styles are separated into Terrestrial, Celestial and Sidereal Martial Arts Styles, the most powerful techniques of all.
Who Can Learn Supernatural Martial Arts?
* — Provided they can find a willing tutor and/or have access to Initiation Charms.
** — Akuma may learn Martial Arts up as per their base type, plus one level higher.
*** — The level of Martial Arts available depends on the Essence rating and type of the spirit being.
Form Weapons: When using a Martial Arts style which allows the use of Archery, Melee, or Thrown weapons by inclusion in the style’s list of form-type weaponry, the character’s attacks are capped by their rating in the associated Ability until the character has mastered the style’s Form-type Charm. For example, a character using Righteous Devil Style would base his Martial Arts attacks with firewands on his Archery score until learning Righteous Devil Form. This cap applies even if the style has no explicit additional Ability minimums. This condition does not apply to the first Martial Arts style the character wishes to learn; only subsequent styles are effected.
Lunars and Martial Arts Charms
A Lunar with Martial Arts as a favored ability can buy Martial Arts Charms for the experience cost of Favorite Attributes Charms.
Source: Scroll of Errata
- Martial Arts Style
- Terrestrial Martial Arts
- Celestial Martial Arts
- Sidereal Martial Arts
- List of Martial Arts Charms
- List of Terrestrial Martial Arts Styles
- List of Terrestrial Martial Arts Charms
- List of Celestial Martial Arts Styles
- List of Celestial Martial Arts Charms
- List of Sidereal Martial Arts Styles
- List of Sidereal Martial Arts Charms
- The Scroll of the Monk, a second edition book dealing with Martial Arts