Masters of Jade
Type: Second Edition Sourcebook
Release Date: February 5, 2012
Page Count: 84
Stock Number: WW80013
ISBN Number: Unknown
Merchant princes and trader kings, masters of jade and emperor thieves; salesmen born with the trick of selling fire to the gods; genius tacticians and profiteers, hailed by the Fair Folk for their treachery; the Guild is the greatest roll of mortal merchants the world has ever known. For seven centuries the Guild has dealt in coins, chains, spells, and souls, confounding even the might of the Realm—what will it buy and sell to secure its survival in the Time of Tumult? Will the Exalted become its partners, its masters, or its pawns?
This book includes:
- An examination of the Guild by Direction, from the mammoth caravans of the North to the great merchant fleets of the West.
- Details of the Guild’s commerce with the supernatural, from the hungry Fair Folk to the restless ghosts of the Timeless Order of Manacle and Coin.
- The Creation-Ruling Mandate, a new system for telling large-scale stories of economics, empire, and warfare.
Table of Contents
- Chapter One: The Guild
- Chapter Two: Points of the Compass
- Chapter Three: Chains of No Iron
- Chapter Four: A Game of Masks
- Appendix: Counted and Wanting Not
Authors: Michael Goodwin, Eric Minton, John Mørke, Neall Raemonn Price, Holden Shearer, Dean Shomshak, Charles H. Spaulding, and Robert Vance
Developer: John Mørke with Holden Shearer
Editor: Stephen Lea Sheppard
Creative Director: Rich Thomas
Art Direction and Layout: Brian Glass
Artists: Tazio Bettin, Groundbreakers Studio and Melissa Uran
Cover Art: Melissa Uran
Special Thanks: While this book deviates from Manacle and Coin, we nevertheless owe a debt to the vision of Geoffrey C. Grabowski, who used the Guild to show us Creation. I’d also like to thank Allison Cheek for her good taste in movies, and for being my first reader. Also a big thanks to Liz Grushcow for her attention to detail. Lastly to Michael Goodwin, who fought through pain to make his contribution to this book the best it could be.